Thursday, September 25, 2008

Weekend in Winterpark


We took a short weekend get away to Winterpark and had a ball enjoying the beauty all around us. Our friends Jim and Carol Miller were so gracious. They let us stay at their beautiful cabin in Tabernash.







This tree was amazing. I called it the "Twilight" tree after the books by Stephenie Meyer that I am reading and obsessed with. For those of you who have read it, I imagined Edward lurking somewhere in the forest around us!








Funny story...We were strolling thru the town of Winterpark and the kids wanted to sit on this elk sculpture. Sam is mad in the first photo because Brad wouldn't put her up on the elks back end because there wasn't any room. So, I tried to help her up there and when I did, I pushed her forward and subsequently hurt Joes "twigs and berries"-as you can see from the second photo below. Right as I took this photo Samantha DID fall off into a pile of rocks and hurt her "privates" as she slid off the elk's tail. I love Emily's expression because she was caught in the middle of it all and walked away fine. Brad and I tried not to laugh.







This is Brad contemplating life on a carved out tree trunk. He is in his element.





Awwww....15 years of marriage and still going strong...

My world!!



No comments: